Saturday, April 12, 2008

I may not have my pride, but at least I have $50.

Last night the drive to Montreal was long and we all were going a little stir-crazy. Bets were made to ease the boredom. I made $30 by walking into a Tim Horton's and ordering a large double-double wearing nothing but my underwear. I will have a further $20 if I can manage to eat only french fries until I get back to London on Monday night. So, instead of posting about something new that I have eaten I guess I will be writing about the food I am dreaming of while brushing the fry salt off my pants.

What: Vitaminwater (Lemonade)
When: As often as I can get my hands on it
Where: The USA
Cost: ~$0.99

It's probably no better for me than regular old water, but it's the best lemonade I have ever tasted. Unlike typical commercial lemonades which are too tart and mouth-coatingly sweet, Vitaminwater is refreshing and lemony without being overpowering. And it has vitamins so it must be good for me.

9.3/10


Sometimes we are fortunate enough to get a free meal out of venues. It's often generic bar food, but occasionally we luck out and get something a little healthier. This chicken caesar wrap with a side of carrots was courtesy of Virginia and the rest of the staff at the Grad Club in Kingston. Very much appreciated.

I'm so hungry.

HR

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

perhaps interesting combinations of both delicious and unorthodox condiments can make the french fry wager profitable AND gourmet (and maybe more nutritious?)

Anonymous said...

Regarding "...wearing nothing but my underwear":

Pictures, or it didn't happen.

:)

Anonymous said...

Watch out for your diet, there my dear: I am here to tell you that you won't be under 30 forever, and that stuff will kill you quicker than liquor!

Hey, I saw your show in Québec, and you made my whole week. I have not had so much fun at a gig in years; I'm comparing the event to Wilco and Betie Serviert back in 1996, or maybe a Robyn Hitchcock and the Egyptians show, which really puts it back. I can't wait to you see and hear you all again.

Anonymous said...

Hello.

I would like to let you know that my husband and I were at the show when you last played at the Grad Club in Kingston, ON. We both loved the band and the show, and were introduced to your blog at that time. We both really enjoy reading it!

I also wanted to let you band know that if you are ever interested in adding soul-shaking bass and country-funk electic guitar to any of your shows, both my husband (guitar player) and I (bass player) returned home from the show exclaiming how that was exactly the kind of band we'd love to be in!

Can't wait for the next show!

Cheers, Chris.